Posting is reserved for Verified Users.  To become a Verified User, send an email to: expertaccess@ntvmr.uni-muenster.de
​General Feedback

Suddenly disappearing work

Toggle
Suddenly disappearing work
Answer
14/08/15 21:32

I have had this happen on the last three images that I have transcribed of 2193.  Suddenly the entire screen with transcription, as well as the window with the digital image go completely blank.  Refreshing brings back the image, and returns the transcription to the base text unless I had saved somewhere in the middle of the page.  The most typical instance when it occurs is when I click on the C for adding a correction.  Please let me know if this is a general problem or only connected with this MS.  I can start saving every few lines, but of course that takes a lot of time, so it would be preferable if the problem can be corrected.

I will stop now for today and hope to hear from you by Monday when I have a chance to transcribe again.

Amy

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Suddenly disappearing work
Answer
18/08/15 23:47 as a reply to Amy Sue Anderson.
I just started a page over again that I lost on Friday.  Good thing I saved halfway through, but in the second column when I clicked on C it all went blank on me again.  Not sure I want to transcribe if I have to keep saving every few lines - takes time - and then spend the time recovering the lost image and finding my place again.  So far no one has responded to this.  Is it being checked on?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Suddenly disappearing work
Answer
19/08/15 10:30 as a reply to Amy Sue Anderson.

The trancription editor has been updated shortly, but so far I have heard of no such problem.

I tried to reproduce it on my side with 32193 but had no issues. Did you experience this just on this one page?

Perhaps the INTF team that transcribed Luke from 32193 can comment, whether the editor behaves differently after the update.

0 (0 Votes)