Posting is reserved for Verified Users.  To become a Verified User, send an email to: expertaccess@ntvmr.uni-muenster.de
Toggle
Getting answers
Answer
30/06/13 19:11

Hi,

I asked a question awhile back about viewing two images side by side.  As far as I know it didn't get an answer, or at least I can't find one.  I'm wondering if this is the best way to ask questions or should I be using another method.  Also, I haven't figured out how to claim part of a MS - I indexed several MSS in Mark but not intending to do the other Gospels at this time.  Is there a way to record my activity?

Thanks,

Amy

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Getting answers
Answer
30/06/13 19:42 as a reply to Amy Sue Anderson.

Hi Amy,

Yes, in general the Forum is the best way to ask questions since you are more likely to find someone who has worked on something you are trying.  I don't know of a way to view multiple images, though, so perhaps that's why you haven't gotten an answer to that.  You can index with or without claiming responsibility for a manuscript.  If you claim responsibility with the intention of indexing only part of the manuscript, that's fine, just release it when you are finished.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Getting answers
Answer
30/06/13 20:07 as a reply to Bruce Morrill.

Thanks Bruce, that's helpful.  Next time I index something I'll claim it then, even though I know I will only do one Gospel. 

Sometimes I accidentally have two images open - but it seems to happen when I have logged out and the old image is still on the screen.  Then it doesn't close when I open a new one.  So that's not an option for ongoing work.  Right now I have my own images of 2193 in Mark open to compare them with the VMR images of 2193 in Jn.  Trying to compare what Ali saw with what I am seeing.  So it would definitely be a good thing to make available in the future.

0 (0 Votes)

Opening separate windows
Answer
30/06/13 20:26 as a reply to Amy Sue Anderson.

Actually I just stumbled across something.  All morning I was able to open images and look at them.  These were images that opened in their own window like always when you are transcribing or indexing.  Then suddenly they were not opening anymore.  I clicked on various ones, no response.

After logging out and back in, I was able to click on thumbnails and have them open in the browser window, but not in the separate window for transcribing or indexing.  That problem is still not solved (am I clicking on something that removes that function?????)  but it caused me to try a solution.  I went to Firefox, file, open new private window.  A window opened with no content.  Then I copied the address of the image that was open in the browser, pasted it in, and sure enough it opened in there.  Then I tried the same process with a second image and sure enough, it opened in a second private window while the first image did not close.  So this might work for what I need and maybe someone could describe it for others as well.

0 (0 Votes)