Posting is reserved for Verified Users.  To become a Verified User, send an email to: expertaccess@ntvmr.uni-muenster.de
Text und Textwert

Collation Errors TuT Acts - GA912

Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Toggle
Collation Errors TuT Acts - GA912
Answer
28/02/23 07:27
Collation Errors for GA 912 at three Teststellen in Acts TuT

As part of a current project I came across these:

(1) The collation of GA 912 at Testellen 4 - Acts 2.7 (1) 

GA 912 is listed under  reading 1
It should be listed under reading 2

(2) The collation of GA 912 at Teststellen 38 Acts 10.32 is also in error 

GA 912 is listed under reading 1.
However it should be listed under reading 1B 

(3) The collation of GA 912 at Teststellen  91 - Acts 24:6-8 is incorrect. 

It is listed as a correction under reading 11.
While the original reading is listed as ‘illegible' - the correction concerns a single word κρινα.
As far as I can see AND I may be mistaken, the reading found in 912 is a singular given the way the variation unit is handled in TuT.
However if the variation unit were subdivided into a number of independant variation units then 912's readings are shared with some others. 
However my effort at transcription yields:

και κατα τον ημετερον νομον ηθελησαμεν κριμα παρελθων δε λυσιας ο χιλιαρχος βια πολλη εκ των χειρων ημων αφειλετο και προς σε απεστειλε κελευσας και τοις κατηγορους αυτου ερχεσθαι 

(difference with 11E  αποστειλε / απεστειλε )
(difference with 11H omission of initial και )

see folio 51

left hand column beginning at line 7.

As a relative novice to handling both minuscule and the presentation of the data in TuT I may well have made an error of observation/interpretation but there they are for consideration.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Collation Errors TuT Acts - GA912
Answer
28/02/23 07:57 as a reply to Hefin John Jones.
Oops In the longer transcription of 912 at Acts 24 it should have been κρινα not κριμα of course
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Collation Errors TuT Acts - GA912
Answer
03/01/24 04:42 as a reply to Hefin John Jones.
Two further collation errors were caught at:

Teststellen 65

912 reads 1/2F there not 1/2 as reported

Teststellen 100

912 reads 3 there not 1/2 as reported

The correct collations of GA 912 at these two points and the three previous corrections to collations of 912 reported in the previous post all align the readings of 912 with the readings of the Complutensian Polyglot (including what I think is a singular at Teststellen 91).
This might warrant further investigation amongst those interested in 16th century editions and the Kc group as idenified by von Soden.

0 (0 Votes)