Posting is reserved for Verified Users.  To become a Verified User, send an email to: expertaccess@ntvmr.uni-muenster.de
Transcriptions

Base text - supplied text

Toggle
Base text - supplied text
Answer
24/02/21 09:15

I recently noticed that the base text being loaded when transcribing is no longer the na28 but some form of majority text/textus receptus/Robinson-Pierpont.

Can someone confirm which text is being used?

I suggest that the default "supplied text" in the gap-menu should be the same as the base text as there is a risk of falsely labelling the supplied text as na28 in the case of a lacuna if the base text and the default supplied text do not conform when in fact the text is not a na28 text.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Base text - supplied text
Answer
08/03/21 15:58 as a reply to Conrad Thorup Elmelund.
Can you give a link to the page you are using when transcribing as well as to the NT book that appears to show the "wrong" base text. Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Base text - supplied text
Answer
09/03/21 11:07 as a reply to Ulrich Schmid.

Thank you for your reply.

I now realise that base texts are project-specific and that I have been confused by this.

I transcribe the Pastoral Letters as part of the MOTB Greek Paul Project. If I want to transcribe a page on the INTF (general) site, I get a NA28 base text, but when I want to transcribe the same page on the project site, I get a text I think is Robinson-Pierpont (or some other TR/M-text).

So I don’t think there is a problem after all since the change of base text is not global for the VMR

0 (0 Votes)